In Case Disaster Strikes...
Your Fairfax Citizen's Disaster Council wants you to be ready if fire, flood, earthquake or other disaster hits. It's simple to do:
- Listen for the emergency warning siren
- For info, tune to TV or radio 1610 AM.>
- If you smell/hear gas leaking, turn off the gas at the meter (helpful instructions from PG&E )
- If told to evacuate, go to the Fairfax Pavilion, 142 Bolinas Road (map)
- Call 911 only if it is a life-threatening emergency.
Things to do before disaster strikes:
- Review the great information provided by "Get Ready Ross Valley", including a planning manual, lists of supplies, survival kit information and more.
- Create a household escape plan -- the "Get Ready Ross Valley" manual includes information on this process.
- Designate someone out-of-area as a contact
- Maintain a week's worth of food, water and medications
- Keep a battery operated radio and flashlight handy
- Keep a full tank of gasoline in your vehicle
- Keep cash on hand
Important Phone Numbers and Websites
Fairfax Police: 415-453-5330
Ross Valley Fire: 415-258-4686
Ross Valley Schools: 415-454-2162
Humane Society: 415-883-4621