Volunteer Board Overview
Fairfax Volunteers! is a town-sponsored group whose mission is to foster goodwill in the Town of Fairfax through implementation of a Volunteer Program that will meet Town and community needs.
The Volunteers for Fairfax has an advisory board comprised of 7 positions, serving for three-year terms. The functions of the Advisory Board include:
- Creating appropriate volunteer projects to support the Board’s mission which will enhance the quality of life in Fairfax.
- Actively soliciting volunteers from the community to carry out projects and programs approved by the Town Council that will support the needs of the community.
- Establishing the trail marking project, which identifies and builds pedestrian access trails throughout Town.
- Implementing a brush clearing program in hillside neighborhoods in an effort to prevent wildfires from spreading in conjunction with the Ross Valley Fire Service and Fire Safe Marin.
- Sponsoring annual social events, such as the Town-wide summer picnic, which organizes neighborhood groups and the holiday potluck/caroling/wreath making event in December which promote a sense of goodwill in the community.
- Maintaining pet waste bag dispensers throughout Town.
Regular Meeting Schedule
The Advisory Board meets the fourth Monday of every month at 6:30 pm at the Fairfax Community/Youth Center, 16 Park Road (map).
Also, visit the Volunteers for Fairfax website.
Current members of the board:
|Holly Bragman (Chair)
|Staff: Maria Baird,
Community Services Coordinator